Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sawyer's 1st Birthday

For Sawyer's Birthday we decided to invite all the local relatives over for a party.  We ended up having around 20 people there!  How lucky are we to have so many relatives close by to share our lives with?!  Anyway, I kept putting off this post because there are a MILLION pictures, but I decided to just post some of our favorites.  Enjoy!

Just woke up from his nap, wondering why all these people are here?
Yay!  Grandpa came!

Playing with the big kids!

Our long table of family. Mmmmm, bring on the food!

Birthday Boy!

Look at the blanket Great Grandma made me!

Big Guy, Little Guy T-shirts from Nana!

Cool Thomas the Train Flashlight!

A fire truck!

Some fun books from Nana

His very own L.L. Bean Sleeping Bag from Grandma York. Lucky kid!

Tyler telling the story of the sweater that was knit for Sawyer

"It's my party- I can cry if I want to!"

Blowing out the candles

Here is his first bite into a cupcake

He got chocolate everywhere!

Yep! I'm the birthday boy!


We sure love our little man.  What a fun year we have had learning all about him and welcoming him into our lives.  We wouldn't trade it for the world!  Happy Birthday Sawyer!  We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Fun!!! Happy Birthday Sawyer!!! I really think this has been the fastest year ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, this is what I'm missing! How fun to have all that family, all those generations together at the same time. We miss you all, and hope you'll give that cute little guy a squeeze from us. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy B-day to your cute little man! Looks like it was a real party :)

    ReplyDelete