Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

As always, we had a big feast at my Grandmothers house here in Colorado Springs.  This year was a little bitter sweet for us all in my family.  My grandmother has lived here in Colorado Springs for as long as I can remember.  She moved here a year before we did, 25 years ago.  My grandpa passed away a few years ago, and my uncle, who lives with her has a lot of health problems.  After going to St. George for our family reunion this year, she decided to move down there.  We have more family down in that area and my uncle Mike does much better in the warmer weather.  My grandma's house is a beautiful home that has SO many memories in it for all of her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids.  This was our last hoorah at her home.  I am so sad to see her go, but know that things change and life moves on.  She is a great example to me and I will miss having her so close to us.  I hope someday to be as amazing as she is.  Go figure, I didn't take ANY pictures at Thanksgiving dinner.  We had at least 50 people there again, which is always so fun.  This year I couldn't be more grateful for my family.  I have a HUGE, wonderful, loving family and feel so lucky.  AND, I have two wonderful children and a loving husband that I couldn't be happier to get to spend eternity with.  Boy am I lucky!  So sorry for the lack of pictures in the post, but I am very grateful for the blessings in my life and no picture could ever show that anyway.  Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment