Saturday, February 11, 2012

California Trip: Part 1

I have been dying to go to California for the past few years and finally had an opportunity to go, so we took it.  I used to live in Southern California as a nanny and I miss it soooo much!  My grandmother (my mother's mom) also lives there and I hadn't seen her in 6 or 7 years. She is 92 now and I really wanted to go see her.  The trip was so much fun.  Like any trip, we have a million pictures, so I will divide them over a few posts, but feel free to skip ahead to another post.  This is mostly just for our families sake. 


We left Colorado and drove straight to St. George, UT where my grandmother (on my dad's side) had recently moved to. It was really good to see her (even if she had only moved away a week before) and great to see her new place.  The next day we hit the road bright and early and traveled to California and stayed with one of my friends Rachel (love her!).  While we were in southern Cali, we took the opportunity to go to the San Diego Zoo.  

 Brooklyn all ready to go!

 Checking out the elephants





 The peacock was trying to find some lunch
 Sawyer playing hid-n-seek with the tree

 Sawyer was the pilot of the helicopter

We walked around the Zoo all day and Sawyer choose to walk the whole time.  He didn't want to ride in the stroller.  I was impressed that he could walk so much!  Even Tyler and I were sick of walking. He really loved the animals and had a great time. 

  The next day we went to Coronado Island with my friend Rachel, her husband Brandon, and their two kids, Gid and Stella.  This was the first our kids had ever been to the Ocean.  They loved it!



 Having fun with Daddy!
 Soooo pretty!
 Mmmm... sand tastes good!


I miss it already.  California is so beautiful and was such a nice change from the cold Colorado weather.  It was definitely strange seeing people walking around in shorts and tank tops in January. 


No comments:

Post a Comment