Saturday, February 11, 2012

California Trip: Part 3

After we left my Grandmother's, we traveled up the coast.  Tyler has always wanted to drive on the Pacific Coast Highway, so even though it was a longer drive, we thought it would be worth it.  And boy was it! It was so incredibly beautiful!  Here are some pictures of the drive. 

We later drove down to that road as climbed on those rocks. 

 Breath taking!
 Tyler and Sawyer are really small on the rocks above, but this is off the road from the earlier picture

 After the trip up the coast, we stopped at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  I have been to Monterey before but never got to go to the Aquarium. We got there only one hour before it closed, so we did a speed site seeing, but it was really cool. 
 Blurry, but a huge octopus
 Sea Turtle- love them!

The view from the back side of the Aquarium

We then stayed the night in Santa Cruz with Tyler's buddy Barnard over night.  (He was there for work, so it was lucky for us that Tyler could visit him).  The next day we headed up to San Francisco to see the Redwoods on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge.   We forgot the camera for the Redwoods (I know, right? Tyler didn't hear the end of it, I promise) but we did get one picture of the Golden Gate Bridge!

After the redwoods, we hit the road again for our trip home.  We stopped in Reno for a all you can eat Lobster buffet at a casino and stayed the night.  The next day we drove to Provo to eat at Nicoitalians Pizza (Tyler and I's favorite Pizza place from when we were dating) and then stayed in Alpine with my friend Jessie and her family.  The last day we drove through Wyoming for the very last leg of our trip.  Right when we crossed the Colorado/Wyoming border, Sawyer decided he wasn't feeling well and threw up all over himself.  We pulled the car over, cleaned him up, and kept driving home.  Right as we passed the Broncos stadium, Tebow threw the pass that was run all the way down field to win the game against the Steelers.  This was the game the first game of the playoffs, so it was pretty exciting they had gotten that far. An hour and a half later, we were home.  The kids jumped in the bath and had a great time being out of the car.

Aren't they so stinkin' cute!

We immediately got thrown back into our crazy life and schedule but really enjoyed the time we had to get "away from it all".  Turns out the reason Sawyer was throwing up was because of all the congestion he had.  He then passed that sickness off to Brooklyn and mommy.  Brooklyn ended up getting her first cough and ear infection.  Poor little girl.

Not our usual happy baby.

After driving over 3000 miles in one week and then getting sick when we got home we still had a great time and felt it was worth it! I wish we could go back like tomorrow, but I'm afraid it will probably be a few years.  Next time maybe the kids will be big enough to go to Disneyland!

1 comment: