Saturday, October 31, 2009

Camping... it'll help you get your zzzz's

I know what you are thinking...."HUH? not from my experience!" right? Well... a few weeks back we had a pretty serious freezing rain storm. (There was even a 60 car pile-up on the freeway by our house) Tyler knew the storm was coming, so he prepared by getting firewood and all the necessary snacks. He wasn't worried about getting stuck inside, just wanted to do some indoor camping! So we pulled the mattress off the bed, started a fire, watched movies, roasted marshmellows and had smores. Last year we went camping in Novemeber (which I don't plan to do again) and Tyler was definately missing camping out. It'll be a few months 'til Sawyer is old enough to go along. Anyway the important part of this story was the awesome results of our campout. Sawyer had been sleeping for 3 or 4 hours at a time, sometimes even 5. Well, we figure he must LOVE camping because he slept for 10 hours the first night we camped in our living room. He, of course, was still in his crib, but he had never slept that long ever! It worried me at first, but then the next day he did the same thing. Since then he sleeps every night for atleast 6 hours if not longer. I am loving the extra sleep!
Here is Sawyer, taking a nap on our mattress in the living room. He LOVES sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed!



And a little video showing how happy our little guy is after his nap



Looks like Tyler will have a buddy to go with him on all his wild adventures!

2 comments:

  1. We've done indoor picnics, but never indoor camping... we'll have to try it :D Sawyer is so cute; I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time Abe slept through the night it freaked me out, now it freaks me out when he wakes up during the night:) Don't you just love getting sleep again?

    I love the camping indoors experience, I might have to suggest that to my husband.

    ReplyDelete