Saturday, November 14, 2009

"Trick or Treat" was "Sick or Stink"

Halloween at the York house this year was not all fun and games.  I was scheduled to work that night which meant no fun for me.  Being at an Urgent Care on Halloween = no fun at all.  On top of that,  Tyler came down with the flu and was running a fever of 102-103 all weekend!  And to make matters just a little worse, Sawyer was having a TERRIBLE weekend and had really bad gas.  So, to keep Sawyer from getting sick, Tyler didn't touch him or go near him at all.  Sawyer was totally uncomfortable and really fussy so it was probably the worst time to not have any help from Tyler.  I guess the best part of all of this is I realized how lucky I am to have such a helpful husband.  He really does so much to help out with Sawyer and I came to appreciate him so much more when he couldn't help me at all.  Thankfully my parents were able to watch Sawyer on Halloween night while Tyler rested and I worked.  Although Halloween wasn't all that fun, I couldn't resist atleast dressing Sawyer up in his costume.  We didn't really have big plans to take him out or anything so it's not like we had to cancel anything, there was just WAY too much stress going on.  Let's hope next year is better!  I did make some pumpkin seeds though which were amazing!  Can't wait 'til next year even if it's just for the seeds!

2 comments:

  1. He's a cutie in his bee costume! Hope thanksgiving is better for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your Halloween was so difficult! Preston didn't like it much either. We took him trick or treating in the stroller so the other kids could get candy. He screamed most of the time! I understand the gassy belly thing! I'm sorry...it's tough when they get upset and nothing you do makes them feel better! Hence...the no milk/dairy diet I'm on...lol.

    Sorry you had to work this year! I was at the hospital last year...I got a great picture of me in scrubs :) This year I was able to stay home because of maternity leave..yay for that!

    ReplyDelete